What if my financial aid loans are going to be disbursed after the program start date?

It is not uncommon for universities to actually disburse a loan after your child has already left the US. When they are accepted into a CIS Abroad program, we will supply your child with a financial aid form that your university should complete and then send in to CIS Abroad. This form will tell us not only how much aid the student is receiving, but also when the aid will be disbursed and to whom. If the aid will be disbursed to the student after they have left, you may be responsible for depositing the check and forwarding it to CIS Abroad. In order to have the authority to do so, we will include a “Power of Attorney” form in the acceptance packet. If your child's Financial Aid covers 100% of their CIS Abroad fees, we may ask for a small deposit prior to their departure.